Today, I figured it’s time to share some wisdom from attending conventions for nearly ten years as both a cosplayer and just an attendee.
1. Stay Hydrated! – So many people are wrapped up in running around and having fun, they forget to drink water. A bottle of water and/or some juice is a GREAT idea to have, especially during the summer conventions. I usually have one or the other and some soda, when I get low on sugar and need a quick fix. Not the healthiest thing, but it works.
2. EAT! – This seems to be another thing people forget to do. You need to slow down, stop, and eat something. By something, I mean a meal. At cons, I’m the food Nazi. I have to constantly snack and we will be eating whether you think it’s good for your schedule or not. XD
3. Budget Yourself! – Yes, the dealer’s room is awesome. But sometimes it is overpriced. And sometimes, that money can go to food and water instead of the OMG!figurine that you just have to have. You can find it on Ebay. Passing out due to lack of food is a costly ride to the hospital.
4. Cosplayers: BRING SEWING KITS! – You may have spent hours upon hours on costumes, but then someone steps on a piece and it’s now broke. This is why you bring sewing kits. A needle, thread, and super glue hae been lifesavers to me.
5. Remember your Cellphone! – If something happens and you need help, or you’re just trying to find your friends, remember to always bring this baby or be around someone who has one. More and more, bad things are happening at conventions, such as theft and unfortunately, kidnappings. It’s best to have some way of contacting the good guys when you need to!
6. HAVE FUN! – If you’re going to a convention, spending all the time and money to go, find a way to enjoy it. You don’t want to feel like it was a waste afterwards because you couldn’t find a way to have fun. Even if the con itself isn’t wonderful, hang out with friends and explore. There’s a reason I fell in love with Seattle. ❤
Hope this helps you all out or was at least fun to read!